Repairs and Maintenance
We insist that all repairs are lodged in writing. You can lodge written repair requests by downloading a repair request form from or use the provided repair request forms handed to you at tenancy start. You can lodge your repair requests by fax or post.
Emergency items are generally those that could cause injury to the tenant or damage to the property, and may include:
- Water pipes have broken or burst
- Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)
- Serious roof leak or gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc;
- Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle)
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- Failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for water or cooking
- Hot water service failure on a weekend, or long weekend (this would not be considered an afterhours emergency if this occurs on a week night)
- Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
- Fault likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience
After hour’s emergency repairs
Should an emergency repair be required after hours then you need to call Kristy on (08) 6261 0666
If you have misplaced your keys during business hours you may come to our office and borrow our office set.
If you have misplaced your keys after hours, you may call a locksmith to assist you back into the property. This is at the tenant cost.
IMPORTANT! Most modern window flyscreens can only be removed from the inside of the property. Attempting to remove them from the outside will result in damage to the flyscreen frame work, and will result in the flyscreen having to be repaired or replaced at your cost. This may cost more than what it would cost to have a locksmith attend the property to allow you access back in.
If property damage has occurred you are obligated to let us know immediately, or on the next business day if occurring on a weekend or public holiday.
It is important to note that the utmost care must be taken to ensure that you do not infringe on disrupting your neighbours with noise. Loud music, parties or otherwise can disrupt a neighbour’s right to peace and the quiet enjoyment of their residence.
In the case of units and apartments, particular care must be taken with respect to noise due to the close proximity of other properties, usually located on the other side of the wall. This also includes your obligation to ensure that your visitors are not disrupting neighbours when walking from your premises to their parked vehicles.
Please, regularly clean any filters and intake vents to ensure there is no build-up of dirt and dust, and that the unit is able to draw in air effectively, not hindering performance, or in the worse case scenario, causing the unit to breakdown resulting in costly repairs and/or replacement. Please also note that if an air conditioner breaks down due to filters and vents not being kept clean, costs to rectify the damage or even replace the unit might be charged to tenants.
Should you believe for any reason the smoke alarm(s) installed are not working or the batteries are not functioning, please let us know immediately. Protect your safety by being vigilant and report to us any issues, to ensure your safety in the case of a fire.