Tenant's Contents Insurance


It is crucial that you have your own tenant contents insurance!


It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner’s property (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc) then your goods and possessions are not insured by the owner.


Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Yourpossessions will not be covered by the owner’s insurance.


Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in thebuilding. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owner’s insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.


Example Three: A storm blows a tree onto the house and in the process, your belongings aredamaged. The owners insurance will not cover your possessions.


In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer however for the cover they can provide you.


You need to ensure that all your goods are adequately insured and the owner/agent will not be liable for damaged or destroyed tenant possessions.